Sunday, March 1, 2009

Party Time


Today we are having "C's" very first birthday party (he actually turns 1 on the 5th). I have worked and worked on his cakes. I get excited when it's time to do it, but when the time is here and I'm on my fifth hour of working on it...I really start questioning why in the world I decided to make/decorate it. We're doing a Sesame Street theme so I added Big Bird, Elmo, and Cookie Monster to his big cake. For his personal cake to make one big mess out of, I just added Cookie. I'm really hoping he'll demolish his cake and make one big mess. I just love watching babies play and smear cake everywhere lol (Can you tell I haven't had to clean that mess up yet??) When "B" turned 1, he was sick the day of his party and didn't even fool with his cake. A couple days later he felt better so I at least have pics of him with it in front of him...he didn't seem interested in making a mess of it. I am very thankful that we are able to have his party today and share it with the people who care most about him! I just can't believe my baby is turning 1!! Where has the year gone???

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes, love to watch babies with their first cakes....I'm lucky I got great shots of each of mine with their first bday cakes! They crack me up!

    ReplyDelete