Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Nesting


Last night everyone was fast asleep and I was wide awake. I'm sure the reason is nerves...who wouldn't be nervous with what we're facing this week and next, right? So when those set in, I go into a cleaning/throwing out frenzy ( I like to call it nesting without being pregnant lol). Unfortunately it started at like 10 o'clock last night. So I had the entire living room picked up in about 10 min. I took all of the tags off of "C's" new clothes he received for his bday and gathered up all the shoes, bibs, and socks lying around. I started some on the kitchen but didn't want to bang around too much...I've always been taught to let sleeping dogs lie! I finally get to bed around midnight. We're up bright and early around here so within about 1 hour of the kids being up, the living room is a total disaster! I once read somewhere that "Cleaning while you have kids is like Shoveling Snow while it's Snowing"...isn't that the truth!!!! (I found that saying by the way) I bust my butt around here all to have the kids walking right behind me dragging everything back out.


All of the lower kitchen cabinets have child locks on them..."C" I think has already learned a huge pet peeve of mine (a drawer or cabinet cracked open) so he goes behind me in the kitchen pulling open the doors as far as he can get them before the latch catches. I go behind him closing them until I realize that he just keeps circling me. So I walk off and when he finds something else to do, I go back in and shut them all...again!


I'm very anal about laundry also...especially when I'm in this frenzy. I took "C" last night to get some pics taken and I had washed a load of laundry before I left. When I got home "M" told me he put them in the dryer. I was thinking oh no but just said thanks. I asked him if he made sure there wasn't anything in there that needed to air dry. He's like nah...of course he's not gonna hang something up on a hanger and when I get to the bedroom, there's a mound of towels that he took out of the dryer and just threw on the bed. Why am I telling you all of this?? Because when I took the clothes out of the dryer this morning to fold them, I find clothes that should have been air dried!! I now have a pair of jeans that are too short to wear (can we say high water??) and too long to be capri's or cropped pants. So I have to call him just to let him know and he's riding around with his best friend. Of course they're making fun of me because according to men, when clothes are wet, you put them in the dryer to dry them....easy enough! Women make things so complicated they say lol The only thing I ask of "M" ever, is to never do laundry!! I will gladly stay up all hours of the night or do whatever it takes as long as he doesn't touch the washer and dryer lol Yes I'm laughing now but on the inside I'm crying because my favorite jeans are now high water ones! I hope you guys have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. We're opposites at my house...I'm the one that throws everything into the dryer-LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a laundry nit-picker, too. The drying thing doesn't bother me, not too much. But I hate when hubby tries to be helpful, and he'll wash floor rugs in with bath towels. Or dish rags and cloths in with my white laundry. Like you, I'd rather do it all myself, even if it does take all night!

    And don't even let me get started on how he "folds" and "hangs" things to put them away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. High waters?!?! too funny...I can't wait to see!! lol

    ReplyDelete