Thursday, February 26, 2009

Missing Someone


I often wonder what goes through kids heads..."B" can come up with some really off the wall stuff and is really passionate about it...usually it's some wild story that would make you believe it really happened. Last night we were getting ready for bed and he turns to me and says, "Mom, I'm ready to go see Jesus so I can eat donuts with him and paw-paw billbart (my grandfather's last name was Brillhart, but the way I spelled it is how "B" says it). " I said, "Really? Do you think that's what paw-paw is doing with Jesus?" He said, "Yes, I will eat chocolate donuts and paw-paw and Jesus are eating the white ones". (The details just amaze me) So I asked what else he thought they were doing. "B" looks at me again and says, "Mom, I wanna go bowling with them also". (A few months ago we had a thunderstorm and "B" was afraid of the thunder so I told him that was Jesus and paw-paw bowling. The loud claps of thunder was the ball hitting the pins and knocking them down...so now he's not afraid and gets really excited when he hears thunder) So I had to explain to him that we can't go see them. He turns to me and says, "I know mom, I have to get really old and die and then I can go see paw-paw. But I can go to his house and play with his stuff." Yes you can son lol He's talked a lot about his great paw-paw over the last week. I think he's finally starting to realize that he's not here and is not coming back. Now that the weather has been a little warmer, I think it's bringing back a lot of memories because we used to spend a lot of time with paw-paw. On a clear night you can see tons of stars in our backyard. There is always one that is really, really bright...."B" knows this one as the porch light paw-paw turns on when it gets dark outside so he can watch over us at night. I just hope that the older he gets, he will still be able to remember all of the good times he and his paw-paw had...

2 comments:

  1. that is super sweet.......... you should get a journal and write these things down - so that in 30 years you can go back and read it, and let him read it too. He is so darn smart.... I think kids are so much smarter than we realize.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok...are you trying to make us all cry because its working!!!!

    ReplyDelete