Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thankful

Most of you know what we've been going through the last couple of weeks with "C" and his "mass" on his cheek. Today we visit the surgeon's office for some answers and more decisions. I know that "C" is on just about every prayer chain or list throughout the valley and I am very grateful to everyone who has remembered us in prayer (we've certainly needed it). Last night we received a "prayer shaw" from Baptist Temple Church. I have never heard of these, let alone seen one before and I have no idea where this church is located. My "MIL" brought it over last night and said that her boss attends this church and a group of ladies get together and crochet a shaw (which is actually much bigger than a shaw and a little smaller than a blanket) and while they are doing it, they are praying for everyone involved in the process of fixing/healing "C". Attached was a poem about the shaw explaining the meaning. As I sat crying reading the poem and just the thought of people doing this for someone they don't even know...I'm in total amazement. I still can't get over the fact that we received this from total strangers. I am very thankful that there are still genuinely "nice" people in this world. This has been the greatest gift we have ever received...by far!! As we go on with our day today, I have no idea what is about to face us but I can only leave it in God's hands and deal with what we are handed. I just thank each of you who have kept us in your thoughts and prayers!!

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful...what an amazingly generous and special thing to do for someone. Def in our prayers and remember to update us soon and hang in there mom!You know where to find me if you need me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I have heard of those...our church was going to team up with St Timothy's and start making them. I had thought I'd get in on it, although I'm not sure how to knit. :) I could learn! And you're in our prayers too, always! Keep us posted when you get time....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome!! There are people out there that genuinely care about others!! Love You!!

    ReplyDelete