Friday, January 23, 2009

Addictions


So I'm finally coming to terms with some things. I am able to openly admit that I am addicted to the internet and to evening tv. During the day my tv is on Noggin and is forbidden to be changed by me 3 year old. So I am constantly checking my email, facebook, myspace, cafemom, and my blogs as if I am going to miss something extremely important! When 7:45pm rolls around I am nothing but ecstatic when "C" is down for the night and my DSO is reading bedtime stories to "B". I usually log on one last time (well who am I kidding) I just log on to check all of the above named websites again before I become totally consumed with my tv. Then at 8pm I am set - from 8 to 10 or 11 I am glued to the tv. Monday and Wednesday are the only night's that are not really pre-planned. I am able to flip back and forth for the first hour. I am so nice that I let "M" watch whatever he wants until 9 on Monday because then, Jon & Kate Plus 8 comes on. But, Tuesday night is where it really starts to get interesting. From 8 - 10 is The Biggest Loser and then at 10 I watch the news. I have to keep up on some of the important things going on around me (which sad to say is usually a murder or robbery). Wednesday again is not all that planned out. But Thursday, I am now totally hooked on Grey's Anatomy. I have always watched it's spin-off Private Practice, but after one episode (which was last week) I was hooked! I am so bad that I won't answer the phone during this time unless it's a commercial. Most people don't call during this time anyway, because they know the chances of me answering are slim to none. I just don't know what else to say about Private Practice other than I LOVE THIS SHOW. I can't wait for it to come on and now in a couple of weeks, the producers are intertwining Grey's and Private Practice. Addison is coming to Grey's to do surgery! Ahhhhh I just can't wait. I'm sure some of you are thinking, this girl is really sad, but hey, when all you see all day long is Noggin, I am totally psyched to be in control of my own remote and be able to sit quietly and just watch with the only interruption being commercials. Friday night used to be Wife Swap but now Howie Do It comes on so I've converted to this for a while. Then at 9 is SuperNanny (and those of you who really know me, know that I hang on to every word she says). At 10 I'm on the news again. Saturday and Sunday are usually Mark's days as there's really nothing good on. I tried watching Desperate Housewives but couldn't get into that one. Oh yeah, and one last thing....chocolate. Need I say more?!

3 comments:

  1. I am also totally hooked to Grey's and Private Practice! AWESOME shows!!!! And, I've kinda enjoyed watching the bachelor this season as well - And then theres Lost on Wed's now.......gotta keep up with that too. Dont' worry Lisa, you aren't alone. I think when you have to endure Noggin all day, you cling to whatever you can....lol.....I enjoy something somewhat realistic where there aren't talking pigs or dancing hippos.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to start a Greys AA! Come on lets face it...its the McGuys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW....you are an addict!!LOL Super Nanny rules!! I want to sign Mike and I up for Wife swap...he would run off the new mom on the first day!! LOL

    ReplyDelete