Wednesday, May 27, 2009

T Minus 2 and Counting

Well, I'm counting down (have been for quite some time)! We leave Friday morning for the Outerbanks. I am so excited!! I am about 85% packed. I still have to make that dreaded trip to Wal-Mart to get all of the last minute stuff and a few groceries that we'll take with us. I have two major lists going on. Which is totally ironic because I am not a list maker, at all!! I usually make one to go to the grocery store, but half the time walk out the door without it. I just know what we need and get it. But, there's so much stuff I have to pack for four people staying away for 8 days! I am so ready for a vacation! I am glad to just get a way and relax! I can't wait to see the boys reactions to everything. It's a little bitter sweet for me..."B" will be starting preschool in the fall so I want to make every moment count this summer. I know it's only for 3 hours two days a week, but it also means we're starting a new chapter. He's growing up and before I know it, he'll be starting kindergarten. His vocabulary has enhanced and I just stop and look at him because we're carrying on full conversations. It's so funny to hear the stuff that comes out of his mouth. Anyway, I'm off to wash the dye out of my hair and then I can cross that off my list!

26 comments:

  1. Ya'll have a great time...we just returned from 4 days at SeaWorld and we're exhausted! This is our "babymoon", too, with our three boys before our baby girl is born later this month. My oldest had his last day of 3 year old pre-K the day we left for our vacay, and I was overwhelmed with emotions...excited, happy, eager, and yet a little sad to see my baby boys get bigger, learning so much, and asking about their new baby sister!

    Have a great time, stay safe, wear sun block, and blog all about it when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is so funny because I am going away for 2 weeks and I am leaving in one week. My oldest daughter is going to start pre-school in the fall also. This is kind of like the last trip before school starts. Hope you have an awesome time and good luck with the school thing;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, my baby girl is starting pre-school this fall also and I am already getting upset!!! They grow up way to fast :( Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa,

    I've chosen you to receive the Kreative Blogger Award. Stop by my Blog to get the Award! http://www.mybargainmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm following from the followers club. I'm back online but with a diff url now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you enjoy dear!

    As a fellow Mom Bloggers Club member, I'm following via the Follow Me Club list. =) I have also subscribed your blog via my Google Reader, or used the email subscription and followed your twitter.

    Maricel --- Momhood Moments

    I'm currently building my blogroll too. Care for a link exchange?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi...CUTE Blog...
    I am following from MBC 100

    My Link is:

    www.thelawellinfamily.blogspot.com

    Thanks! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, just checking in to see how you're doing. Haven't heard from you in a while...hope everything is OK. Post when you can. Hope you had a great vacay!

    Jamaica

    ReplyDelete
  9. for you...

    http://theredheadriter.blogspot.com/2009/08/secrets-friends-and-sharing.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wandered in from CM. I'm your most recent blog follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Popping in from MBC!
    Now following you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just saw your link on Cafemom..
    Enjoyed your blog :)
    http://movedblog-ren-ren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have fun on your trip! I have a little guy starting preschool this year too. If I can just finish up the potty training.:)

    ReplyDelete